Followers

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Oh, My God, Girls! I Have Such EXCITING Movie News For You! Something To Run To!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            Beginning May 12, and continuing through early June, my headquarters are going to be at the IFC Cinema, what used to be The Waverly, and who knows, I may do a rendering of "Frank Mills."



                              On June 2, a documentary film called "Lynch/OZ" is opening.  This will explore what critics and theorists have thought for years--that every one of David Lynch's films bears a relationship with the 1939 classic we all love, "The Wizard Of Oz."



                                 Lynch has called it his all-time favorite movie!  He and I agree.



                                 To honor him, the IFC is kicking off a weeklong revival of "The Wizard Of Oz," running from May 12 through May 18.  You KNOW I am going to be there for several of those screenings--as many as I can take in.  To see this masterwork on the big screen is a gift, and at my age, who knows how many opportunities will be afforded me?



                                   Then, from May 19-June 1, the IFC will be offering a "David Lynch Retrospective."  And, yes, that will include "Blue Velvet," and "Mulholland Drive."  The same goes for these, as what I said for 'Oz.'



                                   So plan those calendars carefully, girls, and maybe I will see you at one of those screenings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                    A weeklong revival of "The Wizard Of Oz!"  I am trembling, just thinking about it.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Your fellow Wizard Of Oz devotee!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Wish we could take in a screening!

Victoria said...

Me tooo!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I will think of you when I go!