Followers

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

I Have Always Wanted One Of These!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                       As I said in a recent post, I was not blown away by "The Phantom Of The Opera," when I saw it, but it did have a number of effectively moving moments.  One of these comes in the opening, when the auctioneer presents the music box, above, to those assembled, and it plays the opening notes of "Masquerade."  The elder Raoul takes possession of it, and asks the chilling question, "Will you still play when all the rest of us are dead?"  That was an outstanding moment.



                         Since then, I have always wanted this music box, though I am sure Baby Gojira is not going to be upstaged by a monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He just couldn't be, he is so precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                        But isn't this object precious?  It just makes one want to have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                       I am sure 'Phantom' groupies have this and other memorabilia.  



                      All I want is this music box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                    "Masquerade, hide your face so the world will never find you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



                   

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I did have something similar when I was young, along with other music boxes and jewelry boxes and windup toys!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I have an Oz music box that David gave me, and
I treasure it. It plays "Off To See The Wizard," and I
always think of David.