Followers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Darlings, Do You Think I Will Forget My Girls???? My Babies??????????????

Girls, I am telling you, it has been a whirlwind couple of days with not just the weather heating up, let me make that perfectly clear. Did you know that yesterday was a banner day in Musical Theater history? On the night of May 24,
1966, 44 years ago, "Mame" opened at the Winter Garden Theater. Yes, the overture played and Jane Connell and Frankie Michaels took those historic steps stage right to center stage to open the show with "St. Bridget," and the rest is history. And can you believe, loves, that the original "Mame" herself, Angela Lansbury, was last night, again 44 years to the day, playing on Broadway in the revival of "A Little Night Music?" Go, Angela!!!!!!!!!!! At soon to be 85, this legend of the Musical Stage is not about to stop anytime soon, and inspires us all, even those of us without vaginas!!!!!!

Alas today is a black day in New York history. Thirty one years ago today, a little SoHo boy, age 6, took his first--and last--steps toward independence, when he walked to school for the first time, vanished, and made Missing Child history. Those of my girls out there I am sure know whom I am talking about--Etan Patz!!!! For years, the whole thing was enshrouded in mystery, but let me tell you, eventually mysteries unravel, and I am glad I lived to see the unraveling of this way. It turns out this sweetie was abducted by a pedophile named Jose Antonio Ramos, who happened to be dating the Patzes babysittter. That babysitter should be held liable to, in my opinion. And according to Lisa Cohen in last year's book, "After Etan," Ramos happened to be a super of a building on East 10th Street, so after doing Etan in, he cremated him in the building incinerator, which is why there was never any closure for the Patzes, who had him declared legally dead in
2,001, when he was actually dead hours after adbudction on that sad day in 1979.

Darlings, turn Ramos over to all us bitches and give him a good working over. Turn him over to the Patzes and make him admit to their faces what he did, the scum. And smack that babysitter until she goes flying against the wall!!!!!!!!!!

No one who was alive in the Metropolitan area in 1979 could avoid any kind of POV regarding the Patz case, still the most reprorted and famous missing child case in area history. His name is now synonymous with a parents' worst nightmare, and in fact in his honor today is declared National Missing Children's Day.

So there is still a lot going on for me to report to my girls on. But mark my words, before we die the next big child mystery--that of Jon Benet Ramsey will be solved, and it will prove once and for all that Stage Mother Birch Patsy did her in our of jealousy. Etan Patz was solved, so was Martha Moxley. Jon Benet remains, and when that happens you know you will hear it first on here, darlings.

Meanwhile I have to get ready for my big romantic evening. Make sure your hair looks as perfect as mine, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiss Kiss, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: