Followers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Darlings, This Week We Bring You Our First Fictitious Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls, when I initiated this column months back, I DID promise that some of our Bitches of the Week would be fictitious ones--characters whose bitchiness we just love. And there is no better place to begin than our current winner.

The winner of this week's Raving Queen Bitch Of The Week Award is--Miss Veda Pierce!!!!!!!

She was, of course, darlings, immmortalized by Ann Blyth in the Joan Crawford classic "Mildred Pierce." Now, as we know, Joan could be something of a bitch herself, but that is for another time. In "Mildred Pierce", for which she won as Oscar, she was actually playing for sympathy, as a self-sacrificing Mom with an ungrateful daughter. No one knew about Joan back then, so they empathized with her as Mildred. But for those of us who know Joan now--she got what she asked for here!!!!

Darlings, you just have to LOVE Veda! She is SO misunderstood. She was just a poor, unrecognized girl with goals, which let me tell you, I can relate to, loves. You had better believe Veda knew her dress designers; my favorite moment comes early on, when she tries on the packaged dress and declares "It's awfully cheap material. I can tell by the smell. ....."Well, if you are going to buy anything, it should be the best. This is definitely NOT the best!"

Damn right, Veda, which is what endured me and counteless others to her. I mean, the social disgrace of having your mother be a waitress. I was NOT raised in Goat Alley, hon, and neither was Veda, and the very idea was enough to make our skin crawl. You can bet my mother was no waitress. Veda had goals and aspirations, which is more than can be said for young people today, if sitting through that awful "American Idiot" two nights ago is any indication, and they are something all us gay boys can relate to--a mansion and a rich husband!!!!! Honey, if I had them, I am ready to retire right now! And Veda was no tramp; she got $10k from Ted without even sleeping with him, though she DID sleep with Monty, who was obviously more of a catch. And even Monty had her number, which is why she gunned him down. But our Veda is not one to take any crap, so take heed loves--her parting line is "Don't worry about me, Mother; I'll get by." From nightclub to prison, you better believe this bitch will get by, which is why we LOVE her.

So hats off to Miss Veda Pierce, our Bitch Of The Week. You have to hand it to her, she knew how to go after what she want and get it.

Let's hope I have the same luck, loves! But without some of Veda's consequences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: