Followers

Saturday, February 15, 2014

This Was Too Good To Pass Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                         When I saw this photo, girls, I knew I had to write about it.  It concerns something someone cooked up called a "Carn-evil!!!!!!!!!!"   Don't you just love it?  A Carnival Of Evil??????????  Where everything involves the macabre, and other forms of atrocity??????????????

                           I must be on some kind of carny theme, here!  This Winter weather is really getting to me.  But isn't a Carnival Of Evil a great idea????????????????????

                            Nothing really repugnant here.  Just mayhem, the macabre, a few murders, and lots of spookiness.  How bad can it be?   Darlings, it can't be worse than the "Puke Show" at the backyard Baltimore carnival, in John Waters' early film, "Multiple Maniacs!!!!!!!!!"  Now, that was repulsive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Something to look forward to, this Spring or Summer--a Carnival Of Evil!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just love saying that phrase!!!!!!!!!!!!  Or writing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                It is my ability to appreciate such, among so many other things, that makes me the Raving Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!   And it is my pleasure to share it with you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 "Beware....Those Who Enter???????????"  Hell, no; go ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Videolaman said...

I'd only pay the entrance fee if the exhibits include someone copulating with a giant papier-mache lobster: perhaps Sylvia Miles (since poor Divine is no longer with us).

BTW, I would not have expected you to be a fan of "Multiple Maniacs" - with your abiding interest in Catholicism, you strike me as more of a "Mondo Trasho" type:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhz_8jxXAE

The Raving Queen said...


I have never seen "Mondo Trasho." And I think Varla Jean Merman was the one with the lobster. In one of her shows, she aired a film of her Summer Vacation, in which a lobster went down on her!

Videolaman said...

I love Varla Jean, but she did "borrow" her lobster bit from John Waters and Divine (or at least she was inspired by them). In case anyone's curious, here is the lobster scene with Divine from "Multiple Maniacs":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mPUVciF6TE

The "why" of this scene is almost as wacky as the scene itself: look up Water's memoirs re where the lobster came from.