Followers

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Darlings, I Want A Croque-Monsieur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      Girls,  with Covid, we certainly cannot travel, but I am telling you, instead  of flying to Paris, we can bring it to our humble domiciles.  And one way is to make a Croque-Monsieur, which, for all purposes, looks liked a grilled cheese and ham sandwich, only I think it is made with a special kind of bread, and a French cheese, like, for instance, Brie.  No Laughing Cow, here!


                                        This,  with a glass of red wine to sip along, and before we know it, we can feel as if we are in Paris, sitting tableside in the Parc Marceau!  Doesn't that sound luscious, dolls?


                                        My problem is I don't know the exact ingredients, but someone out there must, so feel  free to post them  in  the "Comments" section.  As for making it, well David is the cuisinier  in this house.  For ten years, I have promised to make Julia Child's "Beef Bourginion," which I want to, but I know the kitchen would be a mess, afterwards, and David would have a fit.  Or, during the cooking, he would be constantly stepping in.


                                         So send us---David and I--what you think is the best Croque-Monsieur recipe out there.  And no Croque-Madame.


                                         That whole "Carol" thing with creamed spinach and poached eggs is SO outdated!


                                          Absolutely NO poached eggs on MY Croque-Monsieur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


 

No comments: