Followers

Saturday, October 31, 2020

How Did This Tripe Rate A Pick As A "Good Morning, America Book Club" Selection???????????????????????


                                                           Not only was this book disappointing, it was depressing.  I mean, not on the level of Joan Didion,  but more like in some piece of garbage, such as "True Story" magazine.


                                                             Get this,  Dannie (for Danielle) Kohan,  a Manhattan careerist lawyer, is living  on the Upper East Side, with her fiance  David, a hedge fund something.  One night,  Dannie has a  dream, where it is the year 2025, and she is with a different man in  a different apartment and borough--the last being Brooklyn.  Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                               Right away, the reader knows that Fate is going to move Dannie forward in this direction.  This is no surprise.  But the way it is done is so contrived, and resorting to a terminal illness is something only geniuses like Charles Dickens and Victor Hugo could pull off, and, darlings, I am convinced, Miss Serle has not heard of either.   Strictly an "ELLE" reader, I am sure.


                                                                 Amazing I even want to read her earlier work, "The Dinner List."  But,  hey, I am willing to give her another chance!


                                                                  But skip this crap, girls!


                                                                  Your coffee will go cold before the first fifty pages!!!!!!!!!!


                                                                    I hope my having  finished it does not make me some kind of masochist!!!!!!!!!!! 


                                                                    That is all I need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                




2 comments:

Victoria said...

Bless you for giving her another chance; it’s more than I’m willing to do!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
With so much reading matter
piling up, I may have to rethink
that one!