Followers

Sunday, October 4, 2020

What Ever Happened To The Skinny Cow?????????????????


                                          This question occurred to me, yesterday, as David and I were doing our food shopping.  I noticed there were no Skinny Cow products in the dairy section!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           Has political correctness gone too far?  Et tu, Skinny Cow?  Aunt Jemima, even with her up to date permanent, which I am certain she got at Sally Hershberger's, is gone.  Supposedly, Eustis, the Cream Of Wheat chef, is scheduled to disappear, although I still see boxes with him on it, and think of buying one as a collector's item.  And the Land O'Lakes American Indian girl has vanished from the butter tubs, though I have still seen her pic on cartons of Half N' Half!


                                             It is bad enough these comforting childhood symbols are vanishing.  I loved staring into Infinity over the Land O' Lakes container.


                                             But why the Skinny Cow?  Such a sweet thing, what has he/she ever done, but inspire us girls to want to look our best.  And I love the Skinny Cow!


                                               Does that mean the Laughing Cow will eventually go?  How about the Quaker guy on Quaker Oats?  Will Markee Maypo be removed, for being perceived as a special needs kid?  And how about the Lucky Charms leprechaun for defaming the Irish?


                                                 I am of Irish descent, and it does not bother me.  What bothers me more is not only are all the symbols of my early life being put on the chopping block, but the manufacturing of these products will lose the element of familiarity that makes people want to purchase them.


                                                    They will just be dehumanized corporate logos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                     Bring back commercial humanism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                     And love to the Skinny Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: