Followers

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Have A Shock Monster Halloween, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




                                        When I was a child,  my favorite candies were these chocolate monster lollipops.  I don't know if they make them anymore.  The front was white chocolate, onto which was embossed, in brown chocolate, a picture of the Shock Monster, seen above.  I think there was one of the Girl Vampire, but my favorite was always the Shock Monster.  How I would love one of his lollipops!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                          Alas, Halloween is no holiday for diabetics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                         But there is still fun to be had.  Curling up with a horror classic is one way.


                                         And  viewing  a film classic is  another.  But which one?


                                        I had toyed with  the idea of "Earth  Vs.  The Spider," an AIP classic from 1958.  Just love when the museum ensconced spider digs the crazy rock beat!!!!!!!!!!!  Here it  is,  for you to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              

                                     It's your choice, darlings!  But I am going with John Carpenter's 1978 classic, "Halloween."  Fun, traditional, with that haunting music score and brilliant mixture of horror and humor!  Not to mention Jamie Lee Curtis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       Whatever my ghosties and ghoulies do, I wish you all the happiest, safest and most enjoyable of Halloweens.  Liven  up these dreary times!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           Trick or treat?  I'll take whatever I can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Fun to think about candy from the Old Days!
Turkish taffy, Mary Janes, striped coconut planks, licorice laces, dots, jujubes, rock candy, wax bottles, bb bats, blackjack gum, horehound drops, neccos, chuckles,

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I remember them all.
Are Mary Janes still around?
I always thought they were similar to
Bit O' Honey!