Followers

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Bad Enough, Getting Rid Of The Skinny Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, Now, Dr. Seuss??????????? What Is Wrong With People?????????????????????


                                     I say it is time to cancel Cancel Culture, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!  Otherwise, there will be nothing left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      Now,  I have to confess  I have never read these  specific Dr. Seuss books.  But all the ones I read and owned were not the least bit offensive.


                                        I  feel  compelled to read these six books now, especially "And To Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street," "On Beyond Zebra," and "If I Ran The Zoo."  I am sure the content  would go over the heads of the children they are aimed it--they would have me--and they have a timelessness,  a whimsicality and world visual depiction  that is like  no other.  


                                         My personal favorites are "How The Grinch Stole Christmas," and "Happy Birthday To You."  And, of  course, the  two "Cat  In The Hat Books."


                                           Please  don't  attack  me, because if you do, I  will know who the hypocrites are.  Those  who  would bemoan  these books,  yet storm the Capitol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             Cancel  Cancel  Culture!  Get over it, people, and get a  grip on yourselves.


                                               What will be  next?  "The Wizard Of  Oz?"  Or  "Love Child," by Diana Ross  And  The Supremes????????????

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Hmm of those I’ve only read Mulberry Street to my grandsons.
The Grinch, I actually quote that to the children all the time.
“Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store;
Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a Little Bit More...”

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Never read 'Mulberry Street'
but The Grinch and the Boris
Karloff cartoon were my favorites!