Followers

Saturday, March 20, 2021

"Thank You Very Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                  I know you may be wondering, girls, why I am quoting from a second rate Leslie Bricusse, Ian Fraser, and Herbert W. Spencer song, used in  the 1970 film  "Scrooge," and which netted an Oscar nomination for "Best Song," even though the song is really a redux of Lionel Bart's far superior "Consider Yourself," from  "Oliver!"


                                      All this is by means of saying I went to the Bay Ridge Ambulatory Center, at 6740, on 4th Avenue, to get my second Covid Shot!   I want to thank the entire staff there,  who could  not have been nicer, and more  organized, and made a nerve wracking  experience comfortable  for me.

                                       I salute you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       But, girls,  I  MUST warn  you--even if  you have social plans made; like,  who does? cancel them.  By the time six  hours had gone by,  I thought I was going  to avoid the reaction.  But, then, at about 11:20 PM,  Thursday, just as I was laying  out my nighttime medication, it  hit me, like a storm.  I started shaking with chills,  body aches, a throbbing arm, where I had the shot; in  short, I was feeling rotten.  I had  a slight headache.   I thought my meds were enough  to  put me  out  that  night, but I spent a night where it seemed I heard every clock toll  the hour, three quarter,  half and quarter hour.  Which was enough for me to spend yesterday in bed, doing absolutely nothing,  because I could not.  Then, somewhere around 5PM, somehting shifted, and by ll:20 last nigth, as I was again laying out the meds, things vanished as quickly as they came.  Like a storm  passing in the night.

                                          It was a ROUGH eighteen hours.

                                          So, girls, get that shot, but take heed!

                                           Even  if you manage to get a hair appointment at Sally Hershberger for the day you go for that second vaccine--CANCEL  IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             But the relief walking out having done it, is worth  it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh no sounds like it really knocked you on your tushy.
And so suddenly!
Glad you’re back to normal!!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Thank you very much. I
don't know when you get
your shots, but watch
out on the second!

Svetlana said...

Writing an personal essay for grad school is not a really difficult job. One key aspect of any personal essay is how well the question is answered.

The Raving Queen said...


Svetlana,
Comments are always appreciated,
but what is your point?

MartyO49 said...

Welcome to the herd!

The Raving Queen said...

MartyO49,

Thank you, darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!