Followers

Thursday, April 14, 2022

"Everyone Get Behind The Table, For The Picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                     According to an old Catholic joke I heard in childhood, that is supposedly what the Lord said, at the Last Supper.  Be that as it may, today is Holy Thursday, which celebrates the Last Supper, and the first Eucharist--Communion--given out.  It is also the night when Jesus was caught, having been betrayed by Judas, and it is also known as "Maundy Thursday," for the washing of the feet; Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, much to their chagrin.  At least, he did not give them a pedicure!



                                       Nevertheless, as Lent winds down, this is an important day of Holy Week, and each day leading up to Easter gains in importance. So, I want to wish all on here a Happy Holy Thursday. If you want to get all Maundy, I have no objections!



                                          And, for Theater Queens, this is the point, in "Jesus Christ Superstar," when "Look At All My Trials And Tribulations" is sung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Ah yes, Jesus Christ Superstar.
I know All the songs!!
Godspell too!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I have both recordings and know them well.
I tend to sing songs from "Godspell" more
than"JCS."