Followers

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Happy Anniversary, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        Yes, girls, fifteen years ago, on this very day, this blog was born.



                                       I cannot believe I have been churning out posts for fifteen years.  What a legacy!



                                        And its beginning was accidental.  I was having a boring day at work, trapped in my cubicle, and came up with the idea of creating a blog.  At first, it was just to be a repository of short stories that I had written, but then inspiration hit me--Why not become the gay Carrie Bradshaw, and write about life as I live it in New York?



                                            Thus, was born The Raving Queen.



                                             I want to thank everyone for being with me, and following me on here.



                                             As for celebrating, well cheers to everyone, but, actually I had a pre-celebration last night.



                                                I finally had that black-and-white milkshake I had been jonesing for!  And, boy, was it good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                   Here is to the next fifteen years, dolls!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Congratulations!!
🎼Celebrate good times, come on!!
Go out to dinner and
Drop your jacket like Anna at Restaurant 44!!!🥂

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I had my black and white shake,
and tomorrow I am going to my
favorite NYC bookstore, Three Lives.

Videolaman said...

As Roger De Bris gleefully exclaimed in "The Producers":

"C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S !!!

You're a torrent, you're a smash, you're the biggest thing on Broadway!"

May you have another 15 successful years, RQ!