Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Happy Birthday, Patti LuPone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       Girls, can you believe it?  Today is Patti's birthday--I actually thought it was tomorrow, which shows my mind is getting scrambled--and I cannot believe she is 73!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                           But before getting to that matter, I should point out that 45 years ago this evening, when the Neil Simon Theatre was still the Alvin, "ANNIE" opened on Broadway.  It starred Andrea McArdle, Dorothy Loudon, Reid Shelton, Robert Fitch, Barbara Erwin, Laurie Beechman, and The Orphans.  Can I remember them?  Yes--Diana Barrows (Tessie), Danielle Brisebois (Molly) Shelley Bruce (Kate), Robyn Finn (Pepper) Donna Graham (Duffy) and Janine Ruane (July).  I wonder where they all are now, and do they recall this night 45 years ago???? I would love to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                              Now, back to Patti.  She can currently be seen on Broadway as Joanne in "COMPANY," where she performs "The Ladies Who Lunch" perfectly, each night.   After seeing Patti in the show, and then beating Covid, don't for a minute think this is her last time on stage.  I had feared that when this production was announced; it would be nice to go out on a winner.  But Patti is unstoppable, and hons, she is not through yet.


                                               So, a big birthday toast to Patti, a wonderful day, do whatever you want, and continue to provide musical theater pleasure for us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                   Happy, Happy, Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

She IS unstoppable!!
Can you imagine, the rigors of a Broadway play, in your Seventies?!!!
I’d be willing to try...

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

So would I, but it would
test my mettle!