Followers

Friday, September 23, 2022

Girls, Join Us Tomorrow Night As Svengoolie Again Presents "Gargoyles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" But Why?????????????????????


                                      The only reason to really see this 1972 made-for-TV cheapie is Grayson Hall, who, as Mrs. Parks, steals the show as long as she is in the film.  Once she is out of it, the film declines in liveliness.



                                       But what a cast--Hall, Jennifer Salt, Cornel Wilde, and Scott Glenn, who would triumph three years later in Altman's 1975 masterpiece, "Nashville."



                                        The dessert setting is as cheap as it looks, the museum of grotesqueries enough to tempt me, and while this movie surpasses 1959's "The Killer Shrews," or, God forbid, 1965's "The Ghost And Mr. Chicken," I can see no reason for showing this again, when there are better trash classics out there.



                                         But cheer up!  Svengoolie and Kerwyn will be on hand, to provide plenty of laughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                           See you tomorrow night, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Victoria said...

I shall watch this week!!
I need some lighthearted humor!
I don’t know if it’s the anniversary of Tyler’s death, or should I say Murder, or just All the sad stuff going on right now, but If I hear a certain song or recall a hurtful experience, I break down!!
Before, I could just say a prayer and shake it off

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I think it's a combination of everything.
With all having happened to us, we need some
laughs, too!