Followers

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Girls, Tonight Is The Big Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                I cannot believe it is here already.  It seems like months there has been nothing but talk about the arrival of Lea Michele in "Funny Girl."  Now, I am more thrilled that Tovah Feldshuh has been cast as Mrs. Brice; she should have been, in the first place.  Lea is I am less sure about, as I am not a fan.  Oh, she can sing, but with distinction?  Will she just be Rachel Berry in "GLEE," or will she be able to make something of it on her own, like Julie Benko?  Tonight, will tell, girls, and frankly, I am not optimistic.



                                                    "If everyone in the world who dreamed of playing "Funny Girl," were laid end to end..." well, there we go, back to Dorothy Parker.



                                                        Hey, if Lea triumphs, I would be happy for her.  But she has a lot to prove, not just in performance in but in personality, working with the company, and being gracious to audiences.  I know Tovah will keep her in line; she is a pro.



                                                          So, break a leg, Lea, darling!  Just not anyone else's!

6 comments:

Victoria said...

“Just not anyone else’s!!”
You are hilarious!!
I do like Tovah. She is friends with BARBRA.
I hope to be so active and vibrant in MY seventies!!

TheMst7883 said...

Oh my God, in addition to the ever-encroaching vulgarity and trashiness that you commented on in your "Victorian" post, the other thing that's wrong with the modern world is that people are NOT QUOTING DOROTHY PARKER ENOUGH!

Thank you!

bogieme2 said...

hello michael and david the first reviews are in from tiktok in the audyence was johnathan groff zac quinto ryan murphy people said she seemed nervous but was good Someone recorded the train scene that leade into dont rain on my she was saying the lines too fast jokes werent heard because of the rushing im sure it was nerves so we will se what happens next nprman

bogieme2 said...

also the post theatre reviewer bought his own ticket amd review the show he liked it overall not the second coming

The Raving Queen said...

Norman,

So much buzz about Lea. I am more excited
about Tovah!

I have heard some of Lea's tracks. She has the
voice, but not distinctive. She copies BARBRA's
phrasing in some spots. And she does it like she
is on speed, so if she tries to keep this up, she
will burn out!

The Raving Queen said...

TheMst7883,
You are welcome. I greatly admire
Dorothy Parker, and yes more should
read and quote her! Thank you!