Followers

Friday, September 16, 2022

"What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted? Who Had Love That's Now Departed?"


                                           I am still processing my hurt from earlier this week, girls, but I am getting better.



                                           For starters, love has not departed.  I have my darling David, whom I thank God for every day.  I have loving animal friends, neighbors, many real friends, and you, my readers.  So, while I am hurt, I am not broken hearted.  I just thought those lyrics made for good copy.



                                             The time is passing.  I am still looking for a book group I can fit into, I may look for some volunteer opportunities, David and I are going to see "The Crucible" on Sunday, just the two of us, and I have not stopped my own reading and writing.  Not by a long shot, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                I always turn to music in times when comfort is needed.  The first thing I turned to was Shelley Plimpton and "Frank Mills."  Next, I listened to Vicki Lawrence's celebrated rendition of "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia."  And I live by these paraphrased words from "A Chorus Line''--"I did what I had to do.                                                                                                                                   Won't forget, can't regret,                                                                                                                               What I did for love."


                                                  And I am still doing what I have to do.



                                                   Then I thought of these very important words from "Merrily'--


                                                    "Dreams don't die, so keep an eye on your dreams.                                                                                        Time goes by, and hopes run dry,                                                                                                                   But you still can try for your dreams."



                                           I may have been struck down, but, like Scarlett, I will get up again!


                                           Thanks to all who listened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                           Oh, the song--

                                           The original.  By Jimmy Ruffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

That song!!!
Music helps me process All sorts of emotions as well.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

So far, I have gone to "Frank Mills," of course,
"The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia," by Vicki
Lawrence, and "Afternoon Delight," by the Starland
Vocal Band. It has helped me.