Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Today Is The Feast Day Of St. Bernadette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        That's right, darlings!  Not Jennifer Jones, but the real thing--Bernadette Soubirous.



                                        Today is the day she died, at age 35, back in 1879.  When she was canonized a saint, on December 8, 1933 (The Feast Of The Immaculate Conception, no less!) here death date was established as her Feast day.



                                           However you choose to celebrate--watching the movie, visiting a church, or just reflecting on what Bernadette did for us, and how she suffered--recognize this special day in your hearts..



                                             St. Bernadette has inspired me for nearly 60 years, since first seeing the movie at age 13.  And she continues to inspire me.



                                               Happy Feast Day, St. Bernadette!  We who pray to you need your help!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

We most certainly DO need her help!!!
I did reflect on that day, and was inspired.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I am convinced that when I had my bad fall, Berandette--and maybe Jennifer Jones--had my back to make sure it was not as bad as it might have been.