Followers

Friday, April 5, 2024

We Just Had An Earthquake, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                         As soon as I post this, it is wash and go, and I am taking Baby Gojira with me.  At 10;23 this morning, I was sitting here, watching some You Tube stuff, when I felt this shake.  At first, I thought it was the wind, and a tree would come flying in, because we have had some windy days lately.  But then I saw there was no wind; the trees were still.  Then the shaking became greater, and I knew it was an earthquake.  I sat in my chair, stunned.  Nothing was damaged, and it lasted twenty seconds, but it seemed longer.



                        I thought of this sequence--thank God, we didn't live it--from the 1936 MGM film, "San Francisco," which recreates the famous 1906 quake.



                          Its center was at White Horse, NJ, and the scale was 4.8., large for this area.



                           I will keep you informed, girls.  I will post later if I am able.



                           Take care, everyone!



                           

2 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

That was no earthquake dear. I am certain what you felt is the great Godzilla getting ready to re-emerge from the depths up to the surface to start his havoc and reclaim!!

The Raving Queen said...

Mistress Maddie,
How I wish! For havoc, he could start with Washington DC, Mar a Lago, and Trump Tower in NYC.
Have a wonderful day, dear. Maybe some peppermint tea?