Followers

Monday, April 1, 2024

We LOVE Nurse Maggie Lockwood On "Chicago Med!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                         Now, girls, I don't watch the show currently, or have not since the beginning.  I cannot tell you if Marlynne Barrett is still playing Maggie or not.  I have become acquainted with her, and the cast of "Chicago Med," via highlights I often watch on You Tube, and let me tell you, Maggie is a fierce advocate.  I wish more hospitals had a Maggie.



                           My favorite was when a pathological woman hater went on a shooting rampage, injuring April Sexton (Yaya Da Costa) and felling Monique Lawson (Casey Tutton) and Doris (Lorena Diaz).  It is discovered the shooter, named Dennis Mitchell (Ben Lorenz) had been a patient at Gaffney Emergency Center, (named for Mo Gaffney?) being treated for an infection following some plastic surgery he underwent, which he thought would up his game with women.



                             Back then, Monique was his nurse, and asked for a male replacement, because Mitchell made a pass at her, insisting they go out.  Because of this, Monique blames herself for what happened to April in the present time.



                              It is Maggie to the rescue. I love how she throws open a consultation room door, filled with doctors, and says "Out!"  Darlings, those doctors jump so fast you would think they were in the Olympics!  Maggie clearly runs the show at Gaffney, and it is a joy to see Barrett play her.



                                Both she and April talk the friendless Monique out of her depression, insisting they stand by her as colleagues and friends.



                                Maggie steals every scene she is in.  When she says "Baghdad!" to Dr. Charles, (Oliver Platt) Dr, Manning, (Torrey DeVitto) or anyone, she means business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                  Maggie is one reason I tune in to these segments.  That, and picking up some great medical terminology, in addition to what I learned from my mother and sister, who were Registered Nurses!



                                     Maggie is the best.  She serves as an inspiration to others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Marlynne really does bring something extra special to that role!!
She has nursing degree in real life, I read.
Sadly, i also read that she is battling ovarian cancer.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I had never heard of her, prior to this; she is fabulous. And a nursing degree in real life. No wonder her presence is so commanding. I bet she coaches the actors on all the medical terms so they sound convincing when naming them. I am so sad to hear about the ovarian cancer. She seems to be a sweet person. I hope she beats the cancer. Especially after Steve's passing.