Followers

Friday, July 24, 2026

Where Are The Big Literary Events Of The Year?????????????????????????????????


                                                                              

                         I am talking about books that readers like me would instantly dash to their home bookstore to pick up a copy in hardback.  Take Jonathan Franzen and Donna Tartt.  Oh, I am sure they are working, but, guys, when are we going to see something?  Tartt has not published anything since "The Goldfinch" in 2013, while Franzen's "Crossroads," published in 2021, promised readers a trilogy, of which this was the first volume.  So, where are the other two, Jonathan??????????


                          What would Charles Dickens say?  And, Donna, I know, like me, you are a devoted Dickensian.  So, chop chop!  Give us readers something worth reading.  Haven't we waited long enough?


                             And Jonathan, you may be dreamy, but dreaminess alone does not satisfy the reader!


                             Last year was a bad book year.  And I fear this one is shaping up to be another!


                            Bring on the literary events--even some surprises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          

No comments: