Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Darlings, Let Me Emphasize, The Importance Of One's Breakfast Sitting Room Cannot Be Over Estimated!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            Girls, I am telling you, the act of having breakfast has become almost a lost art these days.  Many I know simply don't do anything, or just gulp down a cup of coffee, before leaving the house.  Even I, the Raving Queen, scarfs down something as simple as hot coffee (my elixir of Life!!!) and a slice of white bread with peanut butter. Protein, darlings, protein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              I just finished reading "The Mystery Of Edwin Drood,", by Charles Dickens, of course, (having now read this, I think I only have left "A Tale OF Two Cities" and "Little Dorritt," and then I will have done the entire oeuvre!!!) and I will get to that experience later.

                               Let me just say that the most important thing I learned from the book is that one's breakfast sitting room must be in accordance with one's figure!  Remember that, girls!!!!!!!!!  I learned this toward the end of the novel, when Rosa Bud goes to see her guardian in London, trying to understand all that has happened surrounding everyone she knows, and the disappearance (or is it murder???????) of Edwin Drood.

                                My sitting room, while lovely, is simply a white kitchen and table, on which I sit with a place matt each morning, looking out on a lovely courtyard, contemplating what the day may bring.  With a counter to make and get my coffee, and butter my peanut butter bread.  Bur, girls, what I really need is a room like that pictured above to dine in, where I can curl on a divan, have someone serve me my coffee and buttered bread on the most cunning tea tray, level with me to the divan!!!!!!!!!!
Just like the Victorians, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Charles Dickens knew how to write, but who knew he could be an acme of social behavior??????? Will wonders never cease???????????  This is one of many reasons why I read and love serious literature.  You just never know what knowledge you may pick up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Now, if only I had my own personal maidservant to serve me each morning!!!!!!!!

No comments: