Followers

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Girls, I Am Sorry, But I Must Object!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                         When I went to the movies the other day, darlings, I saw the trailer for something made by Disney, which I first thought was a remake of "The Wizard Of Oz" (God forbid, as long as I am alive!!!!!!) but which is the 2013 film "Oz--The Great And Powerful."  This is a prequel, actually, to the Baum book, detailing how the Wizard (played here by James Franco, whom I first thought was Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!!) became the Wizard.  As is known from both book and movie, he had been a Midwestern carnival balloonist, who, like Dorothy, was carried off to Oz by a gust of wind.  When he landed, he was proclaimed Oz, The First Wizard Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           I have to admit, the poster is great.  But it has Michelle Williams on hand as Glinda.  And, once I saw the shots of Munchkinland, I knew what they were trying to do--not so much remake the MGM film, as copy it.  Look at the iconic shot above.  That is pretty much how Munchkinland looks in this new  film.

                                          A Masterpiece is being tampered with , and I will have none of it!!!!!!!!  So, I am urging all my girls to boycott this film!!!!!!!!  First, Baby Boomer queens, and even non-queens who grew up with the annual TV showings of the Judy Garland classic, are not going to tolerate this.  And since some of them are parents, by now, you can bet they will steer their kids from this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          I mean, I was prepared for the inevitability of "Wicked" being made into a movie!!!!!!!!!!  But THIS???????????????????

                                          Remember, only Judy Garland flies Over The Rainbow, darlings!!!!!!!!!

No comments: