Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Congratulations, Neva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  Early in 2017, David and I went to a service at  The  Actors' Temple in Manhattan, where I  met one of its members, and a favorite performer of mine, Musical Theater Legend, Neva Small.  She was as charming and gracious as I could  have imagined.

                                    Later that year, on the evening of  June 14, David  and I  were at Feinstein's 54  Below,  where  Neva was hosting and narrating a concert version of  the show that made her a legend--1967's "Henry, Sweet Henry."

                                    I  still  recall that evening, and how wonderful it was to hear people sing that  score  live--my only chance, thus far.

                                     I  bought with me my  copy of the  Original Cast Album, with the show's  poster on the cover.  After the performance,  I gave  it  to  Neva,  asking her to sign it,which  she  graciously  did.  The album is now framed, and hangs on the wall, in the foyer of our apartment.

                                       When I met Neva in the temple,  we learned her daughter,  Barbara Fetig, was getting married that next week.

                                         Well, guess what, darlings???????????????

                                          Four years later, Neva is  now  a grandmother!  Barbara and  her  husband, Patrick  Cline, (no relation to Patsy, or  is he?) recently had a baby girl,  Neva's granddaugher, whose name  is  Ellie.

                                             Welcome to  the world, Ellie, and  congratulations,  Neva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               You are still  a  legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    
 









4 comments:

Victoria said...

Congratulations indeed.
What a fortunate child. She will have a wonderful grandmother!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Indeed, she will. And perhaps
will inherit her artistry!

Videolaman said...

I'm sorry, but why does every web photo of Neva make her resemble Rhea Perlman's slightly more attractive sister? Not a great look on anybody, talented as they may be.

The Raving Queen said...


Sweetheart,
Maybe it is the hair style.
Honestly, I never thought of Rhea
when I see Neva.
I have met her at the Actos Temple,
through Daivd, and she is lovely
and gracious!!!!!!!!!!!