Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Sharing A Bit Of Memorable Theatrical Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      When I saw this photo, girls,  I knew I  had to share it with you.  It brought back memories of  that magical afternoon in October of  2013--almost eight years-- when David and  I saw Celia Keenan-Bolger's luminous performance as Laura Wingfield in John Tiffany's brilliantly staged production of Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie--" to this  day, the best production of this work I have ever seen.


                                       I could not take my eyes off Celia, who mesmerized me with her dazzling transition here from musical  theater, to full scale drama.  Even though I  am happy she finally won  a TONY Award,  for playing  Scout Finch,  she also  deserved it here.

                                        Celia's performance as Laura was breathtaking,  beautiful,  and heartbreaking.

                                         I feel privileged to say I  have seen it.

                                          May you create more  theatrical  memories for  us,  Celia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You saw that???
With Cherry Jones?
And Zachary Quinto?!!
I have a nephew that looks like him.
So handsome!!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Oh, yes, I saw that.
Cherry and Zachary were supoerb,'
but Celia's Laura was something
extra special!