Followers

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Friday Was The Feast Day Of Saint Bernadette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           That's right, darlings.  I  am not talking about Jennifer Jones, who played Berenadette to Oscar winning perfection in the 1943 film,  "The Song Of Bernadette."  I am  talking about the actual person, Bernadette Soubirous, purportedly seen her  posing in the spot where  she was while the  Virgin, whose  statue was implanted above, appeared to  her.


                                              The  initial apparition was on Febraury 11, 1858.  That day is known as the  Feast Day Of  Our Lady Of Lourdes.  The sixteenth of  April was designated as Bernadette's feast day when she was canonized as a saint, in 1933.  It is also the day on which  Bernadette left this world,  in  1879, at the age  of 35.


                                              There is  a statue of  the Blessed  Virgin in the front yard  of this  home  I  pass each day on  76th Street, in Brooklyn.   I  always  stop  by and  pray to  Mary,  so  you can bet  on  Friday I prayed extra, for  Bernadette, whose  metal  I  also  wear around my neck, and who  I firmly believe  has been keeping watch over  David  and  myself, during the  pandemic,  and  when  he had  to have  his lithotripsy for kidney stones, and I  a  heart  ablation--all within  the  span of a week, in 2020!


                                                 So, thank you Bernadette, for all you did, and  continue to do.   I will always love  Jennifer Jones in  the movie, but will never forget  it  was you who paved  the way.


                                                "O Bernadette, if  I  live to be a hundred, never                                                                                                shall I forget this hour...."                                                                                                                -- Prayer recited in the 1943 movie

                                             

       

2 comments:

Victoria said...

The fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Thank you for this inspiring words.
Beernadette inspires us all.