Followers

Monday, December 13, 2021

All I Want For Christmas Is My Cucumbo Doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      Isn't it cute, darlings?  And it comes complete with its own drone; the soldier, too, but I really don't care about that.



                                         The bad news--and I don't know what this means--is that this is a "Beulah"  monster, suggesting it is some kind of model kit that has to be put together.   Take a look online, girls, and see if this is true.



                                            It would be worth putting it together, and painting it to have it. But are the paints supplied.?  By the way, according to info on the film, its actual color is beet red.  It has been eons since I put models  together.  Yes, girls, believe it or not, I did.  The Universal Monster Models, of course!!!!!!!!!!!  And a model Gojira!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                             Cucumbo may very well within my grasp.  Then I can stand before it, pretend to be Beverly Garland, and pretend to recite her immortal line--"You think you're gonna conquer the world.... I'll see you in Hell first!"



                                                Really camp, dolls!  But Cucumbo is so cute.



                                                Wouldn't we all just love to have our personal Cucumbo,  and drone?


   

5 comments:

Videolaman said...

Cool find, RQ! Never even knew this toy existed!

The Good news: it was exquisitely made, came 90% pre-assembled and finished. All you needed to do was choose which pair of arms you preferred it to have (it was supplied with several pose possibilities, you picked one for permanent display and attached those arms). Original retail was $65, pretty reasonable for a collectible sci-fi toy.

The Bad news: unfortunately it was an extremely limited run, depending on the reference source only 100 pcs (some claim 200) were produced circa 2008 before the molds were destroyed. Virtually none are available on the secondary market at the moment: if they were I imagine the price would be in the many hundreds (the only other comparable model, far less attractive and requiring building/painting from scratch, typically fetches close to $300 now). Complete photos including the box it came in can be found at

https://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/beulah

Note "Beulah" is the name given to Cucumbo (evidently during production), and used for this model: it isn't the name of the toy company.

Videolaman said...

BTW, my favorite Beverly Garland line delivery of all time comes right before the one you quoted:

"Go ahead! Try your intellect on ME!!!"

The Raving Queen said...

My Dear,
David has ordered another Cucumbo doll,
this time green but still resembling the
movie monster. I don't think a drone
comes with it. We will have to have a
special place for it.

Love the line you quoted. I forgot
about that one.

Interesting it was called Beulah during
filming. I first saw the name Cucumbo mentioned
in an issue of Famous Monsters Magazine, when I was
a child.

Victoria said...

Glanced at that picture without my glasses and thought it was a demonic Christmas tree lol

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I never thought of that, but
I have to admit it is kind of a cute
idea!