Followers

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

For The Shortest Day Of The Year, I Did A Lot Of Running Around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             It all started yesterday, darlings, when Dr. Valderama cancelled the medical appt. I was supposed to have with him today.   That changed my whole therapy schedule, and the day was lost.  Plus, I had to run into the city to Three Lives, to pick up some books.  So, for what I recognize, as was taught, to be the Shortest Day Of The Year, I got a lot of milage, after today.  But I still cannot figure out which is the Longest Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                 For those who look upon this as the Winter Solstice, to you I wish a happy one.   For those who don't, I wish you to be like Sleepy Bear, in your nightie, cap on head, sitting by the fire, drinking tea, and reading a book.  My suggestion is "Hangsaman," by Shirley Jackson.  For me, it will be "David Copperfield," by Charles Dickens.  Another genius.



                                                      Now, the days will get longer, till we build to June 22.  Hope springs eternal, at this point, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                          And Proserpina is past the halfway point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

If I ever get to nyc, I want to visit Three Lives. And Drama.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I will take you to Three Lives myself.
And bring David, of course!