Followers

Sunday, January 9, 2022

"A Raw Beginner Can Be A Winner! Just Give Me A Chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                      There was a time, back in the day, when I could do that move which Wanda Richert (known on Bway then as "the breakfast of Champion's") is doing, in this photo from the 1980 Broadway musical, "42nd Street."  I used to go around and do it all the time.


                                      Today is a different story.  To bend my back to assume the pose causes me pain, and my leg can barely make it halfway up.  But, let me tell you, Broadway is in such sad shape, they may pull folk like me off the street and onto the stage.  Maybe with six months of work I could do this--if I don't injure something.  I only hope it is "The Music Man," or "Company." I know those.  And I have always wanted to sing "Another Hundred People."



                                         Wanda's day is gone, and so is mine.  But the way things are going, who know?



                                          Like the song says, girls, "Go Into Your Dance."

2 comments:

Victoria said...

sometimes Availability is more important than Ability lol

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

These days, it sure is.
This could be my break!