Followers

Friday, January 21, 2022

Join Us All Tomorrow Night, Darlings, As Svengoolie Presents "Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|"

                                          By 1956, Hugh Marlowe's career must have taken some kind of nosedive.  He was in 20th Century-Fox's classic religious comedy, "Come To The Stable," in 1949, and, the following year, he was in the iconic film "All About Eve."  I loved his performance as Lloyd Richards; I thought he was a good-looking guy, and I wondered why he did not go further.



                                            So, here he turns up in "Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers."  I have not seen this one, since I was a kid, but I can promise you, this should be a camp riot!!!!!!!!!!!  The flying saucers in this film are about as menacing as fast-food containers purchased at said joints, which is what they resemble.  And Marlowe is the only known actor in this film.  Which only shows how desperate he was to work, and how even many top horror staples of the day must have turned this one down.



                                             My memory of this one is fuzzy, but I can tell you Baby Gojira, Kerwyn, Cucumbo, and myself are so excited!  David less so, because he has never seen it, and my memory isn't strong enough to promise him camp fun.  But it should be, and then there is always Svengoolie.



                                                 And, please, let us see Toonie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                           

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I probably will not watch it so let me know all about it!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
It was better than expected.
But I will do a post on it.