Followers

Friday, January 28, 2022

Darlings, Join Us Tomorrow Evening, As Svengoolie Presents "The Haunted Strangler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

                                                    I have never seen this one, either, girls, but have heard about it since childhood.  It got a lot of mention in "Famous Monsters Of Filmland Magazine" during the years I read it. I always thought it was one of Karloff's lesser Universal films.  Now, I find it was during his Fifties period, when he was filming "Frankenstein--1970," and such.


                                                       The big surprise is that Elizabeth Allan, who, during her ingenue period, did two Selznick films back-to-back--appears in this film.  She played Clara Copperfield, mother of Freddie Bartholomew's young David in "David Copperfield," and then Lucie Manette in "A Tale Of Two Cities."  I always wondered what happened to her.  I had no idea she was still in film at this point.  And what a come down from Selznick and MGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                          But a girl has to work.  In any case, this should be lots of fun. It seems the reincarnated spirit of a serial killer executed twenty years before possesses Boris Karloff, whereupon he picks up where the killer left off--knocking off gorgeous beauties, as apropos what a serial killer does.


                                                            I am sure the Jack The Ripper legend has a bit of influence here.  In any case, Kerwyn here is very excited about it, and darlings, so am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                             See you tomorrow night, and please, don't get all choked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                    
 

2 comments:

Victoria said...

How was it?!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

It was better than I expected,
but I will do a lenghthier post this week.