Followers

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Darlings, No Parades Are Going To Just Pass ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       That's right, girls. I may be singing "Don't Cry Out Loud" for vocal practice, but, hell, holding back on your feelings?  Not me, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Believing you had it all?  Or have it all?  I surely believe that one, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                          This song had bounced around for decades--it was written by Peter Allen (Liza's first hubby!) with lyrics by Carol Bayer Sager.  But it took Melissa Manchester's cover to make it a classic.  And no one does it like her.  I just looked, and I don't think BARBRA ever covered this.  That says a lot.  I mean, BARBRA gets her claws into just about everything.



                                             So, when that circus comes to town, darlings, you march with it!  And remember, we have it all--being exactly what we need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                If you don't believe me, here is Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     We can have it all, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

BELT it!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I will. The song demands it!