Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Do Such Things Exist In Real Life???????????????


                                    One of my favorite scenes in "The Devil Wears Prada," besides Meryl's "Stuff Monologue," is the scene where Emily show Andrea "the book," being a mock-up of the current issue of "Runway" magazine, in the film, being put out.



                                      The concept of such fascinates me, and, having never held a job like Andrea's or Emily's, though I certainly could, darlings, and I am available, only give me enough time to select my summer wardrobe, like Demarchelier.



                                        But, really, some of you out there must be in the field, so perhaps my question could be answered.  Are book mock-ups common for each magazine issue, be it "VOGUE" or otherwise?  Or has our overly technologized society done away with such delicious creative endeavors?  



                                         Any takers here?  How about lunch at The Pines?   How about the ANNA Special?????????????????

2 comments:

Victoria said...

... It’s not blue, it’s not turquoise, it’s not lapis... it’s CERULEAN!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Again, my closet is better than Blake
Lively's. Do I even have cerulean?
I think so.
What I need is some Demarchelier and
Lagerfeld!