Followers

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Anna, ANNA, What is Going On????????????????????????????




                           Ben Platt, current TONY nominee for Best Male Musical Lead, and one-time front runner, until Josh Groban came along in "Sweeney Todd," is the best-looking feature at The 2023 Met Gala.  I suppose the designs were in prep for the opening of the Karl Lagerfeld exhibit, but let me show you what I thought was the best design.  Are you ready, darlings????????????
                                 This!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why??????????  Because it is awash with color.  The rest of it, as shall be shown, was a black and white washout.  Maybe that was Lagerfeld's style, but it is definitely not mine.  ANNA, how could you????????????????   



                                   Let's take a look--

                                     I mean, an almost naked girl in a see-through hoop skirt?  Not only is this politically questionable, it is a fashion faux pas!  This is glamour???????????  Phfffft!!!!!!!!!!  Remember what I said awhile back about Faith Domergue, girls?  She would be appalled" And so am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Cecil Beaton and Schiaparelli must be turning over in their graves!!!!!!!!!  Who can blame them?????????????



                                    As for the rest--




                                      Darlings, despite how much color you may think you see, let me tell you it all came down to black, white and silver.  Just as dull as it can be.  OK, Karl is being launched, but can we have some variety?  On the clothes, rather than the floor?  Colors, textures, the right cut--that is what fashion is all about.


                                         Glad I did not pay my $50K to go.  Hell, I am having enough trouble getting into "Sweeney Todd."  Sure, I will go to the exhibit, but dressed in my best--which means color!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                          ANNA, ANNA, you really need me to work with you.






                                                                        

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Are they in on the joke??
The emporer has no clothes...

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I am appalled by this display.
It is a show, but what has this to do with fashion?