Followers

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Betty Buckley Really Pulled A "Regina Giddens" On The Recent 'SVU' Episode, "Bend The Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                           Someone on the writing staff must have been familiar with Lillian Hellman's play, "The Little Foxes."  Therein, Regina lets her husband suffer a heart attack just long enough for him not to be saved, but found alive, so she can acquire land and money he is withholding from her.



                              Regina's husband, Horace, was not despicable.  Lorraine Maxwell's (Buckley) hubby, played to a smirky supercilious froth by Tom Irwin, deserved what he got.  That Roger was a piece of work, living off his wife's money, and then going to gentleman's clubs where sex trafficking young underage girls is involved--and he is right in the thick of it.  Pig!



                                 Everything goes down on their seventh anniversary.  Roger prepares an elegant meal, but Lorraine is having none of it.  Suddenly, Roger begins choking, begging for help, but Lorraine stands there, shocked and powerless--at first.  Rallying, she feels to see if he has a pulse, then calls 911.  By the time someone arrives, he is dead.  Did she kill him?  I think so.



                                    Olivia (Hargitay) is like a dog with a bone.  In the final scene, where it is made clear what happened, and they have an "understanding," Olivia tells Lorraine if this comes back to haunt her, she will find out how heartless Olivia. can be.



                                          It will come back, if not this season, then the next.  Betty will eventually go down for this.



                                           Of course, I would never condone such in real life.  But Roger deserved what he got.



                                             And when was the last time you heard me write something interesting about 'SVU,' darlings??   

4 comments:

Victoria said...

When WAS the last time you wrote about SVU?!!!
When’s your anniversary, January ??
MIne is in July but we don’t really celebrate it.
I’ve been married nearly Forty Years, we should do something special!
Any suggestions?!!!
Have you decided what you’re wearing to your reunion?!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I can't recall my last 'SVU' post.
Yes, our anniversary is January 10.
Congrats on 40 years! Go to a high end restaurant and
have a nice, romantic meal.
As for the reunion, something in my signature colors-
orange, yellow or pink.

Mistress Maddie said...

I don't watch any Law and Orders...but I adore Betty Buckley. She came to New Hope several times for plays at the Bucks County Playhouse. I even remember when she popped by the blog once and commented when she saw my post about her impending arrival in town. I was tickled.

The Raving Queen said...

Mistress Maddie,
What a great story. I have driven past the Bucks County Playhoouse many times. I have a cousin who lives in the area--Doylestown. We no longer speak--after my father's death, and with me being gay, she does not speak to me or my sister. Bitch!