Followers

Saturday, May 6, 2023

Some Special "Svengoolie" News, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              Having seen the monthly schedule, I must say May is not a good month for "Svengoolie." "Blacula," where Drac goes Black, is the best offering of the month, and you must join us for this tale of vampiric sexual rapacity, featuring, of all people, Denise Nicholas, from "Room 222."



                                  Channel 9 used to show this all the time when I was young, back in the Seventies.  I have not seen this in decades, so it should be fun.  Join us all tonight for this very special event.



                                     I must reveal to readers that next week's offering is to be avoided at all costs--1966's "The Ghost And Mr. Chicken," with Don Knotts!!!!!!!!!!!  Forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                     But 1972's "The Thing With Two Heads," the two heads being Ray Milland and Rosie Grier, should be a camp delight; on a par with Virginia Leith's performance in 1962's "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."  I have to admit this one has potential, and I have never seen it.



                                       May closes with another showing of 1959's "The Killer Shrews," starring, of all people, director Sidney Lumet's father!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wait till you see the dogs in masks!  Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have never seen it, it is worth one look, but we have seen it twice already, so enough is enough.


                                         One consolation--we did tape 1932's "The Old Dark House," so we will be screening that one week this month, so we can all discuss it, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                            All this worries me.  First "Sventoonie" tanks, and now "Svengoolie" offers up second rate, not worth viewable, fare.  Could he be tanking, too?



                                             What will we do with our Saturday nights???????????


                              How about some vampiric sexual rapacity????????????????????????


2 comments:

Victoria said...

I LOVED Room 222!!!
Karen Valentine, Michael Constantine, Lloyd Hanes, Eric Laneuville,
Sadly my own High School was Nothing like Walt Whitman High.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I think Karen may be the only one alive.
I know Michael Constantine is gone. I
loved the show too. My high school
was not like that, either.