I cannot believe it has been twenty-five years. A quarter of a century.
Like the headline says, this is a sad day, which is why I chose the photo above.
This will always be a benchmark day in my life. I remember exactly where I was, where I had been living, the circumstances that landed me in the West Village just in time to see the second tower collapse before my eyes, which is when I realized this city was in big trouble.
I still fear another attack. Not in NYC, but perhaps elsewhere.
People talk about resilience. But how does one get over this? I was lucky not to have lost any friends or loved ones, but I think of those who did, and I cannot imagine how awful this day is, and what it brings up.
They, along with the firefighters, policemen, volunteers, and those suffering subsequent 9/11 illnesses are the ones whose resilience we should be saluting.
However, we have gone twenty-five years without another incident.
May that continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never forget, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:
We watched the whole ceremony this year.
It was brutal but seemed like the right thing to do.
Post a Comment