Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Lately, It Seems Everyone I Know Is Talking About Cataract Surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        It all began last November.  I received a notice from my current eye doctor that he was giving up his NYC practice, keeping his one in Teaneck, New Jersey.  He offered to keep me as a patient, but that would not work.  I mean, Bay Ridge to Teaneck?  By public transportation?  That could take up an entire day!  And what if I had to have cataract surgery?  He always said he would do it, but now the situation has changed.



                          As a favor he offered to give me an exam (I was scheduled for February of this year) in December, so I took it.  He felt I was not yet ready for cataract surgery, but soon.  He did say if I went to new doctors, they might want to do it right away or wait.  Well, from my PCP, whom I trust implicitly, I got a reference to an eye doctor at NYU.  What a mistake!  This butch thing, who looked like she spends her Saturday nights at Henrietta's walks in and berates my former eye doctor, then tells me I have dense cataracts, which I have never been told before.  A friend of ours, it turns out had a similar experience with this same doctor, so I say run for the hills.  Her initials are RM.  Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                          So, like I said in my last post, January I am in for it. The 7th, to be exact.  That is when I go to see David's eye doctor whom he likes so I hope I will.  David had cataract surgery under him, and he introduced me to our dermatologist, whom I like, so I am hoping I like this doctor.



                           I am certain he will say I should have cataract surgery right away, though I have no symptoms.  But neither did David.  If I like him, I will do as he says; on the other hand, I don't have much choice because I do not want to jeopardize my eyes by waiting too long, and I am afraid the procedure will take my sight.  I mean, what am I supposed to do in recovery?  I know about the drops and David can help me with them, but am I supposed to just sit and do nothing?  My eyes are the window to my world!  What am I supposed to do????????????



                            So, already 2027 seems a challenging year.  It is also the 50th anniversary of my graduation from college, and my 20th anniversary writing this blog.  Which I want to continue to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                               Mother Mary, have mercy on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy and effective cataract surgery is!!
Of course, it’s understandable to be anxious about ANY surgery, especially concerning your vision!!
And what IS it with arrogant, unpleasant doctors these days?!!
They wouldn’t have a job without us; have some Respect!!!