Followers

Friday, September 18, 2026

100 Years! La Festa Da San Gennaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                From last night, September 17, until Sunday September 27, is the 100th occurrence of The Feast Of San Gennaro on Mulberry Street in Little Italy.  I have gone for years, and it is an event, but I caution you, darlings, do not go on a weekend; the crowds are unbelievable.



                                 This is an experience beyond "Moonstruck," and everyone should experience it at least once if you are a New Yorker.  The crowds and eating on the street do not appeal to me anymore, and the indoor restaurants are so packed it is impossible to get a seat.



                                     Nevertheless, I have happy memories of festivals past, but I want to make sure all my readers who have not experienced it, and/or want to, get down there immediately.



                                         And make sure you watch those waistlines and take some Alka-Seltzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: