Followers

Monday, September 7, 2026

Happy Labor Day, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                         I wanted an especially cheerful and colorful picture to honor this day, because I consider it one of the saddest.



                          Forget we are going into the week commemorating the 25th Anniversary of 9/11, but that is an additional factor.  Without it, Labor Day is still a sad day for me because the magic of the 80 plus days from Memorial Day to here comes to an abrupt halt.  Though there is exactly two weeks to go until the actual end of Summer, this has always been the unofficial end of that season.  School resumes, summer cottages are closed up, everyone exits the Hamptons or Fire Island, and the Fall resumes.  I always felt a bit of sad when a child, and I still do.



                           The idea of honoring our laborers is a good one, but why was a day so near the end of Summer chosen?  I have always wondered about that but have no answer.



                             Nevertheless, I wish everyone a happy Labor Day, and enjoy it any way you please.  The last hurrah, as is said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Here is Christine Ebersole in the song that says it all-=-"Another Winter In A Summer Town," from "Grey Gardens!"  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




                                  

No comments: