Followers

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

16 Years Ago Today....................


                                   Well, it was actually at night; my guess around 8:50PM.



                                   You really did not think I would let this day go by without remembering Tyler Clementi now, do you?  What is sad is Tyler would be in his early 30's now, maybe working at a Jersey or NYC research plant, and hopefully living life with a partner.



                                      These were the opportunities he had.  But they were denied him because of what the actions of Dahrun Ravi and Molly Wei did to his psyche.  I blame them, and not Tyler.  By the way, where are they now?  Living their lives?  Well, I hope a little remorse or a sense of having to live with what you did to this individual penetrates your two sorry lives.



                                           Tyler was a wakeup call and still a symbol for youth suicide, gay or otherwise, in this society.  And a cry for the end of the vulnerable being bullied.  I speak from personal experience.



                                              Take a moment in your day to remember Tyler, darlings!



                                              And send good thoughts out to his parents and brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                             Never to be forgotten, as long as I live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I’ll never get over it.
the Tyler Clementi Foundation is still going strong, so that’s good news.
But this never should have happened.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria, I could not agree with you more. We must never forget.