And here we are at the thirtieth day! What happened? September went by so fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But not without incident. We celebrated the Jewish holidays, saw the worst piece of Broadway theater yet--"Paranormal Activity," I finally read "Whistler," by Ann Patchett. I also saw some outstanding movies, courtesy of my project, like Francois Traffaut's "The 400 Blows," Ingmar Bergman's "Autumn Sonata," John Cassavetes' "Husbands," and Dorothy Arzner's 1932 film "Merrily We Go To Hell.' I also completed my study of David Lynch's work; discovering his short film, "Rabbits," which, girls, I am telling you, you just HAVE to see! I have a few more films to watch before proceeding to the next director whose work I am going to study--Richard Linklater!!!!!!!!!!!
I am slowly climbing out of a reading slump when I discovered I could not get into "The Brothers Karamazov," and then when I tried "Tom's Crossing," by Mark z. Danielewski, I knew I could not get through this 1200 pager epic. Not because of the length, but the print was hard on my eyes, and, at my age, holding a book like that in my hands is difficult. I may have to limit myself to novels under 1000 pages. To quote Edward G. Robinson in "Little Caesar--" "Mother of mercy; is this the end of Rico????????????"
My left toe still gives me trouble, so walking can be difficult at times. I will be seeing my podiatrist. And who can forget the embarrassment David caused us all in the household, by making us watch "The Baby???????????" Baby Gojira was appalled.
So, all in all, an exciting September. Now comes October with its ghosties and ghoulies.
Get out your broomsticks, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you next month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment