After seeing the video with Robyn Hurder, who I saw do Cassie at City Center several years back, I really wanted to step into the studio and go through the number with Baayork. But first I would have to do her Boot Camp, maybe even a slower one, because I cannot even get the opening, "Step, Kick, Kick, Leap, Kick, Touch" right. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
Anyone who has seen "A Chorus Line" wants to do Cassie. On the aforementioned video I mentioned, I heard Baayork talk about the "Cassie Curse," which is that after playing Cassie one dees not get much work for a while.
All I want is the stamina to do the scene--the lines I know, the lyrics I know--and to be able to do the back bend, where I touch the floor. I am not sure about those head rolls though. Hey, no one does those like Donna McKechnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone take me and mold me into the best Cassie I can be.
What should I wear? All I know is to dress entirely in red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment