Followers

Friday, September 25, 2026

"Phipps Are Great Big Bunch Of Gyps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                        Remember the famous "I Love Lucy" episode where she did the Phipps Foam Mattress commercial thinking it was a dress rehearsal, only it was live?  Well, that is how David and I felt Wednesday after visiting the Centennial exhibit at The Paley Meida Museum.



                          The exhibit, meant to celebrate 100 years of NBC, is only running for a week, so it is not like I can tell you, darlings, to dash right to it.  Even if it had a longer run, I would tell you to avoid it.



                             What a disappointment!!!!!!!  Let's start with certain displays having such small decals, placed inappropriately on the ground, that only a midget could read what was on them.  Hello?  Does this museum have a curatorial staff.  And what kind?  This was such a chintzy attraction it was not worth our while to come into the city.  No gift shop?  Nothing groundbreaking or exciting!  At my former workplace better exhibits were put on with much more material, if not much more time.  The point is--theirs were better than this.



                                I don't know who was responsible for this reprehensible presentation but shame on them.  I could have come in and mounted a superior exhibit. How about some footage of "Hullabaloo," with Michael Bennett, and Donna McKechnie??????????  Does anyone at Paley know who they are?  I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                     Really, this exhibit is not worth anyone's time, let alone putting it up.



                                     Go to The Morgan, and see the Tarot Exhibition, now playing through October 4.



                                      There, darlings, you will see masterful curatorial work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments: