Followers

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

A Special Message From ANNA-- Girls--It Is Time To See And Be Seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       Even David and I are slowly working our way back to eating indoors.  Bur now comes the message on high from ANNA WINTOUR--it is time to see, and be seen.



                                      Let's face it, darlings, in this town, if you are not seen, you do not exist.  It has been hard during this Covid period for a socialite such as I--think 'Tippi' Hedren in "The Birds"--to get around.  But with a declaration from ANNA, I want to put out some destination places she frequents.  Three of them I have actually been to, over the years, but with an ANNA endorsement, you know they are now Big Time.

                                       The Palm, 206 West Street, NYC--This is the official ANNA lunch hangout, and this is the official ANNA order.  I am sure the steak is a better cut than pictured, but, I am telling you, dolls, I have just GOT to go there, and order the ANNA WINTOUR SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                       Pastis, 52 Gansevoort Street, NYC--This elegant mixture of Italian and French cuisine sounds elegant and luscious.  I just cannot wait to be seen here.  With ANNA on spot here, once I am sighted, too, this will surely become a destination favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
                                      The Minnetta Tavern, 113 MacDougal Street, NYC--I actually have been to this one, darlings.  At that time, it was like an Italian place. I recall the pesto olive oil sauce for bread dipping was exquisite, as was anything on the menu.  For whatever reason known, maybe because of ANNA, the restaurant has gone French, so I have to try them out.  Emotionally, it will be hard, because it marked a period of time which turned into sadness, considering whom I was dating then.  But, with my David, I will conquer!  And if ANNA is there, she and I can girl talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                       Balthazar, 80 Spring Street, NYC--This has been a known ANNA spot for a while, yet I have not been to it.  I simply must, and you too, darlings.  Just fashion, hats, wine, elegant food, and maybe a chat with ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My feline friend, Nicholas, is anxious to go here; he would fit in at any of these places, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                       The Waverly Inn, 16 Bank Street, NYC--This one has been around for years, hons, and I frequented it, back in the day.  It was American, had a colonial feel, and Fran Lebowitz and I used to hang out at adjacent tables, glaring at each other!  Then Graydon Carter bought it, toned it up, and now it is a destination place for the ANNA contingent.  I am curious to go back to see how the fare stands to yesteryear, and to have some coffee with ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                               Sant Ambroeus, West Village, NYC--This place actually brought me good luck.  I went there for my fifty- fifth birthday, on November 18, 2009.  Have no idea what I had, except the food and service were excellent.  But it was during my fifty- fifth year--on May 8, 2010--that I met my beloved, David.  So I always thought this restaurant brought me luck.  I really should go back, with David, of course, to see how the cuisine has been updated, and to drop in and see ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have SUCH ideas, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        Il Cantinori, 32 East 10th Street--This is the one I simply MUST go to.  First of all, it is Italian, and when have I turned down an Italian restaurant?  I was not aware this had become an ANNA spot, but all the more reason to go.  Maybe by birthday time--six months from now--we will be ready to go!


                                            So, there you have it, girls, all of ANNA's places--the spots to see and be seen!!!!!!!!!!!!   I shall have to coordinate my wardrobe to each one, so I should start shopping now!  Wishing all you girls success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                               Happy dining and say hi to ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

Love this!!!
The Wintour Tour!!!
We took Mother to Colonial Williamsburg the other day; she cannot walk far and the cobblestone streets are treacherous, but she did ok!!
It was Packed with tourists, some masked, many not.
Then we had lunch at a place called Food For Thought!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I have not been to Colonial Williamsburg
since I was a child. It was summer, and hot.
One of my former coworkers who grew up near
there worked there when young. She said the
heat and period costumes were excruciating.

Glad your mother did OK. Love the restaurant
name--Food For Thought.

If I go to any of ANNA's places, I will be sure
to let you know.