Followers

Friday, February 3, 2023

Darlings, Let's All Go To The Fabulous Los Angeles Of The Past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                       Girls, when I saw this photo, I went wild.  How I wanted to jump inside this photo, in a fabulous Forties outfit, and walk into this place.  I am sure it is still around, but not nearly like this.  And I would not be surprised if, in the "Mildred Pierce" universe, Monte took Veda there.  Hell, he probably took Mildred there, too!   And I am certain Joan Crawford made sure she was seen there.



                        Ah, the glamorous past.  There is nothing like it today.  I am sure this, The Brown Derby, and, of course, The Chateau Marmont, are all awaiting with glamour for my arrival, but it will never surpass L.A. in the 1940's.  Or even the 1950's!


                         As for NYC, don't get me started!   The Theater District is a cesspool, playing shows most don't want to see, which can be judged by how long, or how little, they run; Lincoln Center, my former stomping grounds, is out of bounds, because who does a night on the town anymore?  I mean, if you have a limo, like Blythe, for example, no problem, but for those of us who ride the subway, riding when the sun goes down is not what it used to be.  Granted, you always had to be wary, but nowadays a night on the town is taking one's life into one's hands.  Hell, so is a night walk in your neighborhood.


                           How I long for the glamour of a past era, when one could go out and enjoy entertainment shared with like-minded others.  It just does not happen anymore, unless it is home, or in the daytime, and I am telling you, the experience is not the same.


                              So, feast your eyes, darlings, on the visions of a bygone era.


                              Like the pic's opening said, "a civilization gone with the wind."

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You know it!!
Why are the young people seeming to go out of their way to be UNattractive!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Maybe because they do the opposite of their parents.
I don't know if that is a strong enough princile, but
it is a theory. But you are right; they don't have any
concept of what is becoming. And the girls are the worst.
They need a talk from ANNA at once! And Sally, too!
Maybe even Diane Von Furstenberg!