Followers

Friday, February 3, 2023

Girls, Join Us Tomorrow Night, As "Svengoole" Presents A Universal Classic--"The Creature From The Black Lagoon!" And Wait Till You See What "Sventoonie" Has In Store!



                          Awhile back, "Svengoolie' showed this film's sequel, the 1955 "Revenge Of The Creature," which, while fun, was not very good.  This was the second in a trilogy of "Creature" film, the last being 1956's "The Creature Walks Among Us."



                        But nothing beats the original.  Which was partly shot in Silver Springs, Florida, as I learned while on a tour of that place, years ago, when I was a child.  And yes, we rode a glass-bottom boat.


                          Now, 1954 was the year I was born.   The two most popular film couples that year were James Stewart and Grace Kelly, in Alfred Hitchcock's "Rear Window," and The Creature and Julia Adams.  Julia left us in 2019, at the age of 92--go, girl!!!!!!!!!--but her legacy will live on.  And wouldn't we all like to look as good in that bathing suit?  Comparable to Elizabeth Taylor's "Suddenly Last Summer" outfit.


                          As for The Creature, (or The Gill Man) I wouldn't exactly say he is hot, but he is a colorful character, and we know he is straight, as he sets his sets on Julia.  This in a film featuring the two Richards, (Denning and Carlson) not to mention John Agar!!!!!!!!!!!


                           I used to enact Julia's pose when I was a child.  You can see where I was headed!


                           So, join us for this humorous, somewhat eroticized floral fantasy!  If you feel the aching need of a man, darlings, head for the Black Lagoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           As for "Sventoonie--"
                               Now, I have heard of this film, but have never seen it.  "Drive-In Massacre," from 1976 sounds like a trashy rip-off of Peter Bogdanovich's 1968 "Targets," which I would love to see.  It also foreshadows Dennis Christoher's 1980 film "Fade To Black," which I have seen, and it should have done something for his career, but unfortunately did not.  All these films involve psychotic film mavens murdering people for their own twisted motives.  I mean, girls, there are a lot of these types out there--do not date one! --which is why you come to me for sanity, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 I cannot wait to see this sick, twisted howler!  The Sisters at The Convent Station Of The College Of St. Ellizabeth in Florham Park, New Jersey, are sure to throw popcorn at the screen!


                                  So, join us all--Baby Gojira, Kerwyn, Cucumbo, David, and me, for this camp fest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  It should be a riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

“Filmed entirely in blood curdling gore-color!!”

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I know! I can't wait! It is sure to be a hoot!