Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Today Is The 165th Anniversary Of The Apparition Of Our Lady Of Lourdes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          That's right, girls, this is a very special day.  On this day, in 1858, the Virgin Mary appeared to the French peasant girl, Bernadette Soubirous.  A photo of a service taken at the grotto kind of shows how it all went down, when it took place.  That is where Mary stood, when she appeared to Bernadette.



                          Of course, most of you will recall this incident via the 1943 Oscar winning film with Jennifer Jones, "The Song Of Bernadette."  It gets most of it right.



                           So, on this special February day, take some time to think about what Bernadette and Mary did for us.  Think about kindness to everyone, which they set an example for, especially to those in need, physically and emotionally, and who come to Lourdes in search of fulfillment.



                           This is Mary's day, as well as Bernadette's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Here is how Hollywood recreated that iconic moment.  Note how Jones just gives herself over to her character.  She vanishes, and Bernadette appears.



                                That is how to win oneself an Oscar, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                But never forget Mary and Bernadette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh yes, you know I never forget!!
I meant to email you, I know I’ve said before I don’t have an actual computer, my lil ole iphone is fine for me, and up until now, when I turned it on it would open straight to your blog, which I thought was pretty neat!!
Anyway, now it opens to some depressing news feed, and I have to locate your blog myself, and I’m not always able to.
I’m sure it’s not anything amiss with the blog, but with my ancient iphone.
We’re not impoverished or anything, I just have been putting off getting a new phone and/or laptop!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Same with us. David and I are so emotionally and
technologically attached to our phones, we hesitate to
replace them. I am with you. But keep in touch!