Followers

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Happy Birthday, Blythe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               Today, darlings, is the birthday of the fabulous Blythe Danner.  I still want to know where she gets her hair done, because I want to go there, and have mine done.

                                So, Happy Birthday, Blythe!  Along with Lee Radziwill, you are perhaps the last remnant of glamour in New York City.  In the thirty plus years that I have been living here, the quality of glamour has gone to Hell, in a hand basket!!!!!!!!!!!  And not even a designer one!

                                Blythe is not only a symbol of what should remain, but one of the most cherished and genuinely gifted actresses out there.  At 76 (her age today), Blythe not only looks stunning, but can just about out act anyone who is put before her.  I love her appearances on "Will And Grace."  And I love her work in movies.  She should have received an Oscar nomination for "I'll See You In My Dreams."

                                 How to celebrate Blythe Danner's birthday?  Well, that is up to Blythe!

                                 As for the rest of us, I suggest we have tea, with cakes and dainties, to honor Miss Danner!

                                 Happy Birthday, Blythe!  And please come back to the stage, soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Was she ever in Carousel?

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

To my knowledge, Blythe was not in "Carousel."
The only musical film she did was Martha Jefferon
in the 1969 film version of "1776," and as Phyllis
Stone, in the 2001 revival of "Follies." Blythe
can handle musical material, but she is not a lyric
soprano, so her voice would not fit "Carousel."