Followers

Friday, February 1, 2019

Welcome To February, With Cynthia Hart's Victoriana Calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             No one knows more about Victoriana than Cynthia Hart, whose calendars can still be ordered online to my delight.  With Valentine's Day a key event, February, though we are still stuck in Winter.  I am a bit disappointed the calendar is not embossed in red, to commemorate Valentine's Day, yet it still has that Victoriana feel.  That feel of elegance and gracious living that I aspire to, and treasure.  Just like Princess Lee Radziwill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             Besides Valentine's Day is a plethora of events--Ground Hog's Day (tomorrow), Blythe Danner's birthday (Sunday), a visit to the dentist (!!!!), and two theater outings--to "Call Me Madam," at City Center, and "Once Upon A Mattress," at the Gallery Players in Park Slope.

                                                So, February is shaping up to be an exciting month. Short, sweet, and with my nephew Matthew's and my sister's birthdays, as well.

                                                  Here is to the second month of the year, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I like Once Upon a Mattress
In a velvet gown
I’ll be coming down
the aisle
Look around
Until you’ve found
a castle in the neighborhood

Hand in glove
I will stay in love
As long as it’s your hand

Or something like that lol

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I am looking forward to
seeing it, as I have never
seen it on stage. Around the
late 90's or early 00's, Sarah
Jessica Parker did a revival of
it on Broadway. Not only did it
not run long, I don't think she
as right for it. The lead role
requires a belter--like Carol Burnett
and Sarah is not a belter.